• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TBR-MIN Waiver Trade
TBR2 sends:
Brent Flori 2B 90 90 20.6M 3

:min2: sends:
Nothing.

Salary dump through irrevocable waiving.
First, I said Veto, but now changed my thoughts, which are posted below.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Much of the money coming off the books are players I am looking to resign. Flori is coming off of his first season of decline, and even if I was to keep him for the offseason, I would have to pay half his contract value just to get a return worth trading for. Cash I don't even have at the moment. He is still a good hitter, but with his health I'm banking he isn't that good come next season, and he isn't good enough to get full return without even giving a penny towards his contract. Don't even start with MacSimon, this is the second time in his 4 years with Tampa his season ERA going into September is 8+!!!! Rodriguez is the odd man out of a cutting decision, you speak as if cutting him even impacts my MLB team now or in the future. Vetoing this deal is basically telling me Who and When I can put people on Irrevocable waivers. I understand you guys can look for transactions made in bad faith, but this isn't a franchise-shaking move.

This deal puts me near my budget and once the season is over, my finances will be in an even better spot. To wait and see IF I get the "something" that "someone" will give me will be taking a risk on Flori's value. One average drop, and he may become unmovable. I'm moving him now before that happens. BTW that salary dump you made with Williamson when I was Baltimore was arguably a worse move than this. Williamson can still hit well and play good defense; the amount owed to him is lower than 1/4 of what Flori is owed yet you gave him to me for free WITH a prospect.
If you are worried about players dropping and payroll constraints, then why would you be re-signing guys like Mariani, Bent, or Nix?

In the chat, I saw you talking about only certain teams claiming these players shows their lack of value. Unless you can prove all 29 teams checked it out, then you don't know. Plus, once poor teams like SDP or MIN claim them, it's game over for contenders who would have liked to claim them. In fact, I would suggest poor teams claiming them speaks for their value. They're either coming out of a rebuild and are solid pieces to fit the puzzle or they see value in being able to flip the players. Otherwise, they're pissing money down the drain during the rebuild.

Flori: Seeing his NTC, I'll drop the veto on him moving. But TBR would still have to pay out the $8.89M NTC buyout. But, I still don't like seeing the others go scot-free.

MacSimon: Rest assured your .646 Defensive Average has nothing to do with his (and the rest of your staff's) inflated numbers[/sarcasm]. He's had good numbers in the past and with a competent defense, he's quite good. The league isn't rich in RPs, so he'd certainly be valuable to a few teams.

Rodriguez: He makes nothing. Whether you play him or someone else, your payroll stays EXACTLY the same. If he's the odd man out, that's fine, but you can surely work out a deal after the World Series, submit it before re-signings are due, and there's no risk of being stuck with his Arbitration contract.

Overall, you keep gravitating towards saying, "full value". I never said you would be able to get full value for them. You may be selling short, but it still beats the hell out of giving them away for nothing.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Buyout payment agreed.
Even if the best you can do is some mid-round picks in the offseason, isn't that worth much more than nothing?

You have a tendency to be shoot-first and ask questions later PR, I'd rather you explore big moves in the offseason since you just took this group over.

If you really want to let Flori go for nothing and rumble is ok with just adding that player, I'm ok with that part of it. I don't feel a buyout is necessary.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
I'm cool with that then.
accept
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »