• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expansion
If no one takes a team I will take an expansion, because it is easier to find someone for Florida.
(11-27-2010, 02:37 PM)dejota Wrote: Fair enough, I keep going to Calgary b/c it should affect other team's markets. What semi-central local would have the pop. and per capita to support an expansion team?

Like I said, dunno what Calgary looks like budget-wise. Maybe they can support a team in Mogul. If so, great. If not, San Antonio could be looked at (to see if it affects Texas as well). If others don't mind the idea of bringing MLB back to Montreal (I personally hate it), then that could be an option

Otherwise, I don't see an issue placing 1 expansion team in the AL West & another in the NL West
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
SA is an improvement over Calgary (although not by too terribly much). That would be ideal I think.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(11-27-2010, 02:37 PM)dejota Wrote: Fair enough, I keep going to Calgary b/c it should affect other team's markets. What semi-central local would have the pop. and per capita to support an expansion team?

Like I said we don't even have to mess with the Central. It will be better just to mess with one region and two divisions within that reason, the West. The West is also the two weaker divisions of the league, so this gives us an opportunity to pick them up a bit. If your really bent on messing with the Central, Salt Lake City is semi central, or your could make the case for Colorado moving to the Central. Indianapolis is another idea for a Central city, as well as Columbus, Ohio. Again, I think we should leave the Central and East alone and just fix up the two West divisions.
Montreal actually does pretty well in mogul, as well as hartford and monterrey
I keep looking at the cities, and Vancouver and Las Vegas are always the top spots, without affecting any markets. San Antonio does indeed affect HOU and TEX. I saw both budgets drop annually.
:min2: GM
vancouver and las vegas would be the ideal choices in my opinion
So is it official who's taking the expansion teams? I'd like to take one if its not completely decided yet
Well, DJ says he is most likely taking one, and if so, I believe Stang was the choice for the second team. Nothing is official yet but that's what it looks like.
DJ and Stang are indeed our GMs
:min2: GM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »