• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expansion
(11-27-2010, 07:45 PM)AndyP Wrote:
(11-27-2010, 06:42 PM)Scott Wrote: Interesting. I just looked at Portland, OR and it looks like they are the best option

So Portland and Vegas?

Looks like it.

Quote:Should either Stang or DJ prefer to stay put, I'd love the challenge of an expansion team.

I think they've both agreed. Thanks though
:min2: GM
I think it sounds like a great idea and I'm all for it. Though a little part of me wants Vancouver just to rep Canada a little bit haha
represent Canada, bring back Mount Royal.
No one cares about Canada :P...lets put one in Alaska
Are the GMs that aren't responding in here just ambivalent or what? Waiting til after expansion is decided upon will be too late to voice your complaints
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
(11-30-2010, 02:04 AM)ezpkns34 Wrote: Are the GMs that aren't responding in here just ambivalent or what? Waiting til after expansion is decided upon will be too late to voice your complaints

Correct statement
:min2: GM
No, as DJ said this is just to get the process of expansion going. After they have things figured out and seeing if expansion is even viable then there will be anotehr thread to voice complaints and vote. However if thats not the case I will rally up everyone who isnt in favor to blast this thread with their complaints abd reasons not to expand.
If you don't think there should be expansion, why wait until after others put hard work into it? Seeing as how there has been only 1 dissenting voice in here that I've seen in the recent expansion push, you may want to start voicing those displeasures now.

If you aren't in favor of expansion, then say why. If you are in favor of expansion, they say why. If you don't care, then say nothing

Only argument I've seen is:
(11-27-2010, 07:03 AM)mike Wrote: If in theory expansion got passed I figure get 2 cities that would support a 100mil budget for spending on players and at least 15th ranked in expenses so about 20mil on each there. So find places that can afford 140mil budget total. This way we don't add to the small budget teams and we don't add any potential power house teams either.

However, if we set those rules in place, then Balt, Cin, Cle, Fla, KC, Pit, TB, & Wash would all be gone (that group has 8 playoff appearances and 3 trips to the World Series). I'm pretty sure DJ & Stang know how to win with a starting budget of 75M & enough to be middle of the pack in expenses
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
The reason we wait to voice the opinions is because Dj asked. And i just dont sere a point in adding yet another small market, might as well make sure they are mid market so they can be viable without havign to sell off specs.
(11-30-2010, 02:04 AM)ezpkns34 Wrote: Are the GMs that aren't responding in here just ambivalent or what? Waiting til after expansion is decided upon will be too late to voice your complaints

I don't have time to read soo many posts that I just don't read this thread.

However if we do this I don't mind volunteering to go to the AL if necessary.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »