• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player to be named later
then the commish steps in and does it for them and penalizes them in some way. Most of us have been here a long time and wouldnt let it get that far and if a new gm did it hes just sosmone who would likley flake on the league sooner or later anyway.
(04-22-2011, 09:24 PM)mike Wrote: Sure to you it might be a waste of time because you obvioulsy wouldn't want ever take that avenue when negotiating a trade. Others might find benefit to it and not see it as a waste of time. Its such a strawman arguement to say its too much work. Start providing me examples where things "are too much work" then we can talk about that aspect. Is it too much work to provide comp for players? Some would say it is extra work but you dont here anyone crying foul when it comes to that. If you think it would be too much extra work for yourself then thats all good. Maybe you should step down as a trade mod if that were the case and let someone else fullfill that role. Just because it would personally be too much work for you doesnt mean it would be for everyone else and therefore doesnt make it a bad idea. At least 10 ppl are on here everyday pretty much all day, theres no concevivable way that it would be too much work, especially when you already have people saying that even if they did use PTBNL they wouldnt do it often. So when it comes to numbers it would actually be very little of extra time simply due to the fact that people wouldnt utilise it that much. So far I havent heard one logical reason from anyone other than providing reasons that already can be related to other things like signing comp guys and player incentives, so in effect in citing those reasons then we should be looking in to abolishing those aswell. In closing, this idea wouldnt be posing any extra problems and is simply another avenue to explore when trading. Whether its gets utilise or not to its fullest extent by each and every gm doesnt make it a bad idea or thing to impliment, it simply just provides the people that would utilise it a chance to do so.

By the way I mean this in all disrespect, I realis ethat it may sound like I'm coming off as a douche but I truly am not meaning it that way.

I'm a trade mod - I don't want to deal with one more layer of people's bullshit to sift through. And I don't want to defer that bullshit to DJ either.
Again its not bullshit to everybody. Some might find it usefull. It would be simple, treat the PTBNL aspect just as you would a draft pick trade. If you end up getting ripped that its your own fault. Most situations you wouldnt need to worry about that anyway.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »