• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the hell is this fair?
(10-23-2010, 07:00 PM)chrisveley Wrote: I know the compensation doesn't come from me, that's not the point. A team made a bad choice and he's going to be bailed out? It was a huge gamble, and SFG wouldn't have any problems if the gamble paid off. Now it hasn't paid off, so we DEAL with it and move on.

Oh, btw.... I wasted 10M in Winterball a while back, can I have that back because I was a new GM? I assume not because it was a gamble I made that didn't pay off..... just saying.

Thats not the point dude your being COMPLETELY close-minded. The point is, I did NOT claim a 78 player. I claimed an 81. If he tanked on my team I would have been fine with it, but that fact that he is in your minors wreaks of something fishy
:min2: GM
(10-23-2010, 07:06 PM)Scott Wrote:
(10-23-2010, 07:00 PM)chrisveley Wrote: I know the compensation doesn't come from me, that's not the point. A team made a bad choice and he's going to be bailed out? It was a huge gamble, and SFG wouldn't have any problems if the gamble paid off. Now it hasn't paid off, so we DEAL with it and move on.

Oh, btw.... I wasted 10M in Winterball a while back, can I have that back because I was a new GM? I assume not because it was a gamble I made that didn't pay off..... just saying.

Thats not the point dude your being COMPLETELY close-minded. The point is, I did NOT claim a 78 player. I claimed an 81. If he tanked on my team I would have been fine with it, but that fact that he is in your minors wreaks of something fishy

And there is valid evidence that he would have tanked whether he was in the minors or not. Jordan is the one you need to bark at. That's why I feel you should be compensated with cash, because even though it was a gamble Jordan's mistake caused this whole problem.
(10-23-2010, 07:13 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:

And there is valid evidence that he would have tanked whether he was in the minors or not. Jordan is the one you need to bark at. That's why I feel you should be compensated with cash, because even though it was a gamble Jordan's mistake caused this whole problem.

There is 0!!!!! Valid evidence. There is 0 valid evidence in mogul overall...
I think it was a bad move but again he needs to either be set up to where his ratings were pre waiver or cle is still resposible. All i know is i'd raise hell if I was in scotty situation.
Let's compromise and put him on pittsburgh
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
(10-23-2010, 07:15 PM)psbaseballfan27 Wrote: I think it was a bad move but again he needs to either be set up to where his ratings were pre waiver or cle is still resposible. All i know is i'd raise hell if I was in scotty situation.

Everyone would, and that's why they are all hypocrites
(10-23-2010, 07:14 PM)Scott Wrote:
(10-23-2010, 07:13 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:

There is 0!!!!! Valid evidence. There is 0 valid evidence in mogul overall...

His 53 health, the fact that he's already declining at the point of the waiver claim and the fact that he is 34 all contribute to the decline.
Well I think most of the people seem to be mostly on your side scotty, at least the sentiment seems to be you shouldn't bear the entire brunt of the awful situation.

I also think you need to quit slinging shit at people scotty, nobody is out to get you here. So keep that in mind because you almost made an enemy out of an ally w/ PR and he's STILL fighting on your behalf.

So please, check your words because it's one thing to be passionate about a point, it's another to call names. You're gravitating towards the latter the longer this discussion goes on.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(10-23-2010, 07:52 PM)dejota Wrote: Well I think most of the people seem to be mostly on your side scotty, at least the sentiment seems to be you shouldn't bear the entire brunt of the awful situation.

I also think you need to quit slinging shit at people scotty, nobody is out to get you here. So keep that in mind because you almost made an enemy out of an ally w/ PR and he's STILL fighting on your behalf.

So please, check your words because it's one thing to be passionate about a point, it's another to call names. You're gravitating towards the latter the longer this discussion goes on.

You called me a hypocrite yesterday...
Okay, focus on our private chat last night and completely disregard the context of my current point...
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »