• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Staff impact?
Should we increase this setting in game to have people that put more money into their medical staff to see more of a benefit from it?

The injury rate just seems awefully high right now, I don't know if it is lingering effect from the prior seasons injury settings. I was looking through the file and it almost seems like lotto to who is effected and who is not. I thinik altering this setting will put more of a reward on the people that are putting money into their medical system.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
I think a lotto is a good way to describe it. One caution would be putting too much emphasis on it creates that magic pixie dust effect again where all the low revenue teams would be ravaged by injuries while the big markets ride away scot free.
Considering I have perfect farm and 2 season ending injuries I feel like I should be more on board with this than I am. Injuries truly are the lotto and -10% severity results in no season ending injuries so I'm still okay with things as they are, but I will slide back my medical spending some.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Perfect farm has nothing to do with injuries. Perfect farm just gives you better odds of players reaching their full potential.

The severe randomness Irish is referring to may warrant a look at adjusting the slider, but in my opinion - medical should be equal across the board. It's not like the team in Kansas City is using leeches compared to tricorders or something. Medical care is medical care - all teams use the same experts. I'd just assume we level it anyway.
Yeah the advantage people get from spending on medical and farm is already outrageous. Even if you don't notice it it is there for medical. You see it especially with dumb 1 week or 2 week injuries. I virtually have at least 1 or 2 of them every sim if not more.
I agree 100% with Andy. Medical spending should be equal across the board. No team has an advantage medically this way, it is a plus for small markets who can't afford to go that deep for medical and get bombarded with injuries during a good season, and the strong financial teams don't feel severe injury blows while they are paying the most for their Medical expenses.
As a guy who has had injuries kill his team multiple times im annoyed a player with a 30 day injury (Jason Donald) drops 10 points in value and ive had mvp canidate in the past chris mays lose 10 points for one bad injury. It seems like i might as well have 4-5 bad seasons and finish with the worst record and go from there.
Yeh, I think there's enough impact from the medical staff right now
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
I thought we decided equalizing medical spending isn't any better than caps since it'd take too much money out of the game. We already have inflation and plenty of ways to earn 20M a year extra. If we were to equalize spending we'd have to lower inflation and maybe even undo some of the inflation to prevent the league becoming too flush with cash.

What this does is make rebuilding (financially anyways) even more daunting than it already is since the negative loyalty impact would have nothing to balance itself out.

Additionally, injuries leading to drops is what keeps prospects developing. With a talent cap AND lack of injuries AND increased peak start we're going to create a generic, boring, predictable league. I know we all have good intentions but we have to be careful what we wish for. Mogul is a fickle beast and anything we do to adjust injuries will create a problem elsewhere imo.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I think Sean's suggestion was about upping the "Medical Impact" setting, not equalizing medical expenses, though I don't think either need to be done, personally
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »