• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health improvement idea
We have two slots for each team at the cost of $5 million each. You can put two players under the age of 35 in these slots and you can improve their health by 10 points. I'm pffering this opition because a lot of players injury ratings have gone down drastically and perhaps it can help players stay more health.
I think at the end of each year you should get to boost up to 3 players health by 10 for 5 million. But only be aloud to do a player once.. Ether way, the health ratings on some of these players especially new draftees are sad..
I edit the draftee's health every year to ensure nobody is lower than 62 to start their career. Also if you increase the health of individual players all you're doing is passing along injuries to somebody else. Raising individual's health ratings in no way will correlate to a drop in injury frequency or severity in the grand scheme.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(12-06-2010, 01:12 AM)dejota Wrote: I edit the draftee's health every year to ensure nobody is lower than 62 to start their career. Also if you increase the health of individual players all you're doing is passing along injuries to somebody else. Raising individual's health ratings in no way will correlate to a drop in injury frequency or severity in the grand scheme.

Are we taking seriously the idea of equalizing medical and farm? Many mogul-freaks do that when they run sims because they see the inherent sillyness of the pixie dust....why aren't we?

Could we look at adjust cash flow levels and equalizing? It seems like the truly fair way for this to play out.
Believe me Andy I've been wracking my brain about how to equalize spending without having to completely overhaul the financial system.

I think it's inevitable but we're talking having to turn inflation off, re-equalize cities b/c as I've noted elsewhere that'd be a big fuck you to CLE/PIT/FLA/DET/BAL or whomever else hasn't had city growth over the first 6 seasons. We'd also have to manually equalize them all under league settings or it'd take another 2 or 3 season's to actually equalize.

I don't know where I'm getting this and I've meant to speak with Stang about it since they've equalized spending in outtahere but IIRC I've read somewhere that equalizing spending for everyone at once has drastic financial impacts on the game. I'd like to read up more on other League's experiences in this department before making any decisions.

The last aspect that's not being discussed at some (very few IMO) contracts have been negotiated with inflation accounted for. Personally I feel assuming success and a larger budget is a very poor choice as a GM there has to be a better answer for that if we make this decision. A lot of bitching is compartmentalized to only recent issues and changes like this are often asked for without anyone trying to see a few steps into the future. Are we sure equalizing spending and overhauling the financial system is a road we want to take?
To answer your last question - yes DJ, I do think we need to look at that road. We've said before that we want to be the most realistic baseball simulation there is - there is absolutely nothing realistic about the expense spending in mogul. Nothing. It'd be great if mogul had a rating for pitching mechanics or arm angle actually mattered - but it doesn't. And it'd be great if you could have your minor leagues take a Twins approach, or a Braves approach, or an A's approach - but you can't. All we have is this horseshit system of spending and it simply isn't fair.

Nothing will ever be totally equal and most of us like the challenge of not having a 250m payroll, but it simply isn't fun to watch your team be unable to develop players or keep players on the field simply because you can't buy as much magic pixie dust as another guy. That has to change - I don't pretend to know what the best way to fix that is, but as this file gets older the player development gaps and injury unfairness will only make it less and less desirable to participate in. I'm just suggesting we be proactive at fixing things rather than reactive.
For sure. After rereading that does come across as a direct question. I just meant lets take the discussion towards the financial aspects b/c for me that's the biggest impact and most important part to get everyone on the same page. Actually setting the spending to equalized is pretty much a foregone conclusion IMO due to previous discussion and literally 0 opposition to it to date.
Also I think revenue sharing would be mandatory if we equalized expenses.
it is annoying that I developed a WS contending team and could only sustain them financially for one try at the WS.....
I look at this from both sides. I can keep a team winning and be middle of the road in medical and fram. That also means I have to sometimes sell off specs which isn't really fair either. If you equalize spending though money has to be taken out of the league and turned into points or something. So at the end of the year anything over x amount in cash has to be turned into points that can be used to upgrade your stadium, buy WB spots and used to bid on IFA's and any otehr things we can come up with.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »