• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nokes Pitch Limit Guide
First and foremost, this is mostly my opinion. If you've ever come across one of my pitchers, you've probably noticed that they have a pitch limit set. I have a system and this is how I traditionally set up my pitching staffs.

Well, secondly, let's pause and go over a few facts about Mogul and pitch limits.

1. Endurance = The number of pitches that a pitcher can throw before he starts to tire.
2. Pitch Limit = In the individual player's profile, you can set their pitch limit in their Strategies. This is the maximum number of pitches that a pitcher can start the at-bat with.

Mogul will not pull a pitcher during the at-bat simply because he's maxed out his pitch limit, but that will be his last better regardless of the result.
i.e. You have a RP with a 20 pitch limit. He gets the current batter out on the 19th pitch. Mogul may still allow him to pitch to the next batter.

In FCM, this does NOT export with the Team File and must be posted in the Position Changes forum.

Now, here's how I handle my pitching staffs.

1. Starting Pitchers (End x 1.25): Naturally, you want them to go deep into games. I basically take their Endurance and add an extra 25% and this gives me their suggested Pitch Limit. I typically round down to the nearest 5. For pitchers with low 70s endurance (especially those who are RP to SP converts), I'm not as strict on the extra 25% rule. The RP to SP converts have shown the ability to pitch like they have 80 endurance and I will generally give them a further boost depending on how much trust/faith that I have in them.

i.e. 83 End x 1.25 = 103.75, meaning I will give them a 100 Pitch Limit, not 105.

2. Long Reliever (End x 1.20): I want my LRP to be just like another rotation piece. However, here, I'm usually more strict on the Pitch Limit. If they're a 72 endurance, I'm not giving them a further boost and I'll set them at 85, if not 80 to give me a more of a cushion.

3. Middle Reliever (End x 0.80): I usually have a SP that's started to convert into a RP or a SP that I plan to start convert to RP in Spring Training. I like to have them with aroundabout a 40 Pitch Limit. This will have them working in a multi-inning role, but still enough endurance to make an emergency start and not completely deplete your bullpen.

Note, if you do plan to convert in ST, have them in your SRP spots or in AAA and have Short Relief or Closer usage. Both are key. Mogul does not convert pitchers in the MRP or LRP roles.

4. Short and Setup Relievers (End x 0.80): I prefer, true and traditional RPs in these slots. However, if I have a "SP" this these slots, then they will assuredly still have low pitch limits. The goal is for them to get in, gets outs, and then get out of the game before they're tired.

5. Closer (No Limit): As the last line of defense, I'd never want Mogul to pull my Closer early all because a few too many foul balls resulted in him hitting his "limit". Also, I feel that when you give EVERYONE a limit, it makes Mogul do crazy things with your bullpen usage.

So, why all of these limits? For starters, I feel Mogul has a tendency to keep a pitcher in if he's doing well, regardless if it should remove him from the game before he blows up. So, if you can keep those pitches low, it helps Mogul from hurting itself and helps keep them well rested.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »